From August 30th to September 1st, FICO will host Origin Identity, featuring meetings, exhibitions, markets, and workshops to get to know the PDO and PGI products of Italy and some guest European countries. An international technical meeting and three days to taste the best European foods at FICO.
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 30th, 10:00-10:15 - ENTRANCE AT THE FICO CONFERENCE CENTER - TICKET COUNTER
10:15-11:15 - FICO CONGRESS CENTER
“PDO AND PGI AND VALUE CHAINS, INNOVATION, AND LOCAL DEVELOPMENT: FUTURE POLICIES AND COMMERCIAL STRATEGIES"
An international technical meeting – with the participation of protection consortia, national and European political representatives, university professors, trade media, foodservice and product distribution staff – where various topics specific to this sector will be studied in depth, with particular attention given to the analysis of the value chain with respect to the internalization of agri-food products and the sustainable development of implementation areas.
- TIZIANA PRIMORI, CEO of Eatalyworld
- ANDREA SEGRÈ, President of the FICO Foundation
- SIMONA CASELLI, Councilor for Agriculture, Emilia-Romagna Region
- Professor FILIPPO ARFINI, Professor of Agricultural and Food Economics, University of Parma Professor ALESSANDRO OLPER, Professor of Agricultural Economics, University of Milan
- An FAO representative
- A representative from the AREPO Association of European Regions for Products of Origin
- A representative of the New Aquitaine Region
- A representative of the Hesse Region
- SANTOS RUIZ, Director of DO Arroz de Valencia
- MASSIMO VITTORI, Director of OriGin
- CORRADINO MARCONI, Origin Italia
- CESARE MAZZETTI, President of the Qualivita Foundation
- SEBASTIANO SARDO, Head of Strategic Marketing at Eatalyworld and others
- Moderated by DUCCIO CACCIONI - Scientific Director of the FICO Foundation
Conclusions by PAOLO DE CASTRO
2:00 - from the FOYER to PIAZZA EATALY WORLD
Marking of a form of Grana Padano POD produced in the FICO factory.
Binding of a special mortadella produced in the Mortadella Bologna PGI factory.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31st - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st, THE ENTIRE PARK WILL BECOME A MARKET FOR PRODUCERS AND PRODUCTION AREAS
Location: area between the Arena Theater and Librerie.coop + bike path
Time: Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm; Sunday from 10 am to 7 pm
Market review of PDO and PGI products from all over Italy:
Consortia and individual producers will offer free tastings and the sale of certified products to the public.
SPECIAL PRODUCTION DEMOS
The FICO factories will host production workshops of Grana Padano PDO and Mortadella Bologna PGI (productions already in place at FICO, as Bologna is part of the production area established by the production guidelines). These demonstrations will be carried out in the presence of producers from the protection consortia involved, who will tell the public everything there is to know about these gems of the Italian agribusiness world.
The “Grana Padano” factory's production hours (4 per day): 10:30-12:00 1:30-3:00.
The "Mortadella Bologna PGI" factory's production hours:
Saturday, 11:00 e 13:00.
ORIGIN IDENTITY MENUS
FICO restaurants will offer special menus based on PDO and PGI products, in accordance with seasonality.
I'M A PDO PRODUCT AND I COME FROM...
Place: Arena Theater
Time: Saturday 11:00-6:00; Sunday 10:30-5:30
"Cheeses and jams, a certified wedding" - guided tasting of PDO cheeses combined with PGI fruit jams, by Roboqbo, Granarolo and Onaf (only on Saturday at 6.00 pm).
"All the best of the PGI Piedmont Hazel " - free tastings by Venchi (Saturday and Sunday).
On Saturday and Sunday the individual consortia will alternate on the Arena Theater stage to tell the FICO public about all the secrets that make PDO and PGI products unique: the crops, the breeding, the work, and the passion of the people, the link between the products and the regions they come from, the local traditions, the recipes of the past and those of the future....